Re: developers and empty promises

Harison, I'll just go off of what has been said here, and put it as plain and simple as I can...cut the entitlement, please. Ever pay attention to that heading in damn near every kickstarter page, called, and I quote, risks and challenges? Well, just as there are risks of things going down or postponing is a project, one automatic risk you are taking, is funding a campaign. Is that a bad thing? Well, have it your own way. I personally don't think it's a good or bad thing, especially if the project actually is released. Trust me, there are far worse things that could go wrong on a campaign than what you're seeing here. Look at the Clazio speaker, which was supposed to be a voice activated speaker/android tablet containing both Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant, that was said to be released in, June of this year? For months the campaign on Indiegogo has been going on with no news posted, and it's August of this year. Now normally I'd give them the benef it of the doubt, except for one thing. No social media activity, and it's not like they didn't have it before. Their Twitter account was suspended. That to me is a red flag. So, even if it comes out, I can say I'm glad I decided against funding that campaign. That, my friend, is an example of a badly managed campaign. This campaign right here? Far from it. As they said, they specifically stated in the last few updates that the accessible version would be released later and to give it time. That is completely, utterly and totally fair, because it is transparent, and there has already been a proof of concept. obviously someone didn't pay particular attention to the backer update emails they received, otherwise they would've found that. So if you're gonna back a project, set aside a moment of your time to read the updates when they come, will ya? That'l make things a whole lot easier. And people wonder why so many devs in the past few years have said no to preorders. The argument about episodes is completely valid, I can say I agree with that considering games like Blindside and Chillingham never once had in their description that the game was episodic. 'that would've been nice to know so that we knew what we'd be getting ourselves into, not to mention any new gamers who may find Chillingham or Time Adventures out of nowhere, completely unaware of the situation with Bavisoft's ambiguous status as a company, or the fact that this game will never be continued. But this game, Harison's in no position to argue here, especially! considering he won't let up after the dev has specifically said that the accessible version would be released later, during a Kickstarter update. I'm sorry to come off so harsh, but if we even want so much as a chance to get noticed by the mainstream gaming community on a large scale, this certainly isn't the way to go about doing that. Quite the reverse effect, actuall y.