Re: How in the hell do I play resident evil 6?

As much as I want to agree with that, writing guides takes time and we don't always have enough time to write them. That is why I always suggest to anyone wanting to play a sighted game to get the demo first, if you think you can be patient enough and you like it well go ahead and buy the full game, even though it wasn't really possible for you since you got it as a present. Also, playable doesn't mean that it can be completed at 100% without sighted help either, especially on console. Anyway, no you cannot run using the PDA,, you need to let go of the PDA button and hold the run button and go forward on the left analog stick. Although when Leon says "run" and there's an helicopter falling off, this is like a QTE event where you need to hold the run button and move backward with the left analog stick not forward. There is a guide on gamefaqs.com that might help you. Here's the link:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/ps3/605603-res … faqs/65206