Re: my dream, your nightmare

A very good morning to you all.
An interesting idea, @dark regarding the drones. Certainly food for thought. I've not actually played land of livia, though I keep meaning too, as it looks quite fun.
Talking of upgrades on ships, I'd like to bring your attention to the message boards. In the spirit of being open and honest with our players, the host post a revised copy of the minutes of their monthly meetings upon the board. By revised, we mean any personal details, or private content, is removed, but still with what we spoke about clearly displayed. One of the items discussed in the last meeting was ships. With the spell check on planets now complete, we turn to ships. A large committee, comprising five hosts, have been elected, two of whom will go over the spelling, 3 of whom will go over upgrades and install missing upgrades on ships. Sadly, this situation was unavoidable. In a game of new features, sometimes they are bound to get missed on older models of ship. We aim to rectify that over the next week or two.
We are also, to the best of my knowledge anyway, the only space mud out of the big four whom will soon have multilanguage policies. To ensure complete understanding, our policies are being translated, right now, into russian and spanish and not just by google translate, either.
Regarding cargo drones I find the comments interesting. There was of course, the change last night that ensured they could go to multiple cargo bays at once, but I think what interests me is your wording "useless."
The cargo drones are perhaps the singularly most unuseless item in the entire game. Without the cargo drones, you can not upgrade cargo bays period. Look at any other space mud, lets take one that uses an upgrade. You pick an upgrade and who installs that upgrade, exactly? Oh, right! A cargo drone! Every ship in any universe will require some form of cargo drone, whether it be stored on the ship, following you around like a lost puppy, or sitting in someones upgrade store. When I created cargo drones, it made sense to me that, why should players have to move all their ships to one planet, to get one cargo upgrade, when they could just lead their drone around, and install the upgrade directly from it instead?
Perhaps, using my explanation above, it is not a unique system, but I like to think it is not a "useless " one, either. I'd like to see people play the game without them! smile smile

Dragon racing. Of course! smile

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector