Re: my dream, your nightmare

I can't speak on the translation issue, but my problem in terms of ships is precisely as stated.

when you buy a new ship, you need to install upgrades for each and every activity, not to mention mineral type upgrades for each type you want and upgrades for your scoops for each thing, e.g planetoids, asteroids, orbit cleaning gear  etc, as well as scanning modules, and that's not to speak of warp tanks,spray bottles and extinguishers (plus now apparently even more drones to take on the ratica), engine speed upgrades, extra rooms such as a vehicle bay etc, oh and of course upgrading weapons or defensive systems is near impossible, indeed I suspect that when you do eventually have the capacity to fill enough cargo space to start fighting vacus ships in asteroid and planetoid fields, it'll be easier to buy a battleship and upgrade it with all the cargo holds and resource upgrades than to buy a ship actually designed! for mining and try to add weapons to it.

The amount of times I've flown out to the asteroid belt with a new ship and realized that I forgot to buy a scoop upgrade for a specific mineral, or forgot to add the minerals per scoop or something.

I would suggest myself firstly reducing the harvesting equipment down to only the type of thing and giving it appropriate names, E.g mineral harvesting scoop, gas extractor, acid extractor etc, after all it makes sense that  same sort of mineral scoop could be used on planetoids and asteroids depending upon a person's skill.

then I would suggest removing this bit about having to buy specific upgrades for each mineral and gas type and just leaving it that you need the mineral or gas tank for your cargo drone.

I would also suggest making debris collection and orbit cleaning use the same equipment, or at least having orbit cleaning as a function of debris collection.

Lastly I would suggest removing all scanning modules from the game and just having any ship able to scan for anything  upon how a person sets their equipment.

Contrast cosmic rage with core exiles. There you need no special cargo upgrades, no extra scanners, you just buy your ore laser for asteroid mining, or your wreck laser for wreck collection, install as many cargo holds  your ship's energy allows (since of course in Core exiles cargo space is cargo space whatever you put there), and wail away!

No need for running across  entire galaxy looking for hosts of upgrades.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SirBadger via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : darren via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : dardar via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : grryfindore via Audiogames-reflector