Re: why developers should port their games to the Mac

Before we go down completely into the "my favourite company is better than your favourite company" sort of debate, I would still be interested to hear the opinions of a mac user on what I asked in question 17, namely why should! someone use a mac instead of a Windows PC, what can you do! with a mac that you cannot do on windows?

Until someone can say "hay, okay, the Windows machine has all these games for it, but if you had a mac you could do so and so", then there isn't going to be a reason for people to decide upon a Mac in the first place or a reason for developers to want to create games for the system.

i'll also say this isn't intended as a Mac bash, just an honest question, since this was something I asked myself a few years ago, and in the end concluded that if I'd  having to  emulate windows to play games why should I use a Mac? AFter all I could browse the net, read email, write what I needed to write etc on a windows machine with no problems, so why have the extra expense and complexity? Plus, (in my case at least), the need to learn a completely different OS and set of screen reader commands.