Re: Sloth Mud

The idea of gold to level isn't so absurd as all that in terms of realism: you're getting better, you have to get better somehow, and so pay for someone to teach you with money.  Sort of.  I mean, on Alter Aeon, we might as well picture it as beams of light coming down from heaven, striking your character with divine power.  That said, beams of light from heaven instead of gold does make for a more fun game, at least if it is level-only for the most part.  Gold can serve as an important check in games based on only skill progression, so I'm not going to rule it out there.
I don't remember spellbooks being so bad.  No need to make it take time, but it's not too terrible unless I'm misremembering.
LP isn't where it's at anymore, I think.  The newer bases like Evenia are probably where we're headed.  LP is this strange scripting language from long ago, and people have lost or not yeet managed to write half the docs.  The currently existing LP muds can be good, but a lot of them fall into the share qinfo and die category while also falling into the guess the syntax category, and mud admins do not seem to realize that this is *not* a fun combo.  For new muds, you're probably going to end up having to read the driver source at some point, too (but not early on).
Also, this probably belongs in general game discussion, seeing how sloth's been out for 10 years at least.  Or I'm misunderstanding "new releases", which is quite possible.

  • [Audiogames-refl... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Victorious
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: bladestorm360
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: camlorn
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: keyIsFull
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Victorious
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: keyIsFull
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: bladestorm360
    • Re: [Audiog... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: stirlock