Re: Training Centers

Ok, this may sound a little more harsh than my speaking tone would suggest. I feel that an organization who can't even provide career training options is a joke. While learning basic living skills, I would want options to learn how to build and repair computers, or take a course in computer hardware at the very least. I would expect such an organization would have many different options besides would shop? Seriusly? I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that there are most likely a very few number of people who would have interest in such things. While I understand that this might be a confidence boost for some, again I want options, I don't want to be force fed projects that NFB feels that I need to be successful. I also feel that totally blind people like myself should be able to opt out of the sleep shades, it's pointless, sorry. I could understand needing to level the playing field a little. But if you have no vision at all, why bother? I'll stick to what works for me personally, receiving my training from friends and family, not an organization who expects me to play follow the leader, and be molded in to there image  Blind power baby! Sure, if it works for you, rock on, but I think the acultist attitude of the NFB is well documented and laughable. We aren't in the 1950s any more, blind people get out, have hobbys, and, from what I have observed on this forum, pretty modernized and educated. The NFB needs to be open to this, and offer more options, and not only living skills, but possible training programs for career oriented people. I stress, if it works for some folks, great, but keep your options open.