Re: Sudden attack is not a clone

Hadi, as you suggested, a big part is indeed just being responsible and not sharing my code with others.  Since the very first audio game I made for this community, I've had people asking me to give them source code "so they can learn from it", and I've always said no.  I don't put my source code into shared dropbox folders, and wouldn't even if I felt I really trusted the others who had access to it.

I think a lot of this mess started with people being overly trusting toward others, or not keeping security in mind when they choose places to store their files.  Now if someone used something like remote desktop to gain unauthorized access to someone's laptop, wandered around inside and eventually found source code to steal, then I guess that's on a whole-nother level.  Even in that sort of extreme situation, I'm sure someone could make a case that poor security or misplaced trust led to it happening, but I guess that would be on a case by case basis.

I can say I'm glad I've avoided this particular set of headaches in my time here.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pranam via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : black_mana via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : mazen via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : UltimateBlade via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : UltimateBlade via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : UltimateBlade via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : UltimateBlade via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : speeder via Audiogames-reflector