Re: Sudden attack is not a clone

Ultimate, you've made it clear that you're just trying to pick a fight.  I'm not really sure why, but I guess that's your own set of issues.

First off, this community is in no way mine.  I am just another user like yourself.  I had nothing to do with the specific word this community started using to refer to games built on stolen code, I am just stepping in to help clear up confusion.  My mistake of course, because you weren't arguing because you were confused, you were arguing because you wanted to play semantics police.

The term clone was likely first used here because it had to do with the thief copying someone's code.  You are intentionally ignoring the fact that the word is referring to a game's code, applying it to a work derived from that code, and acting proud that this secondary thing no longer fits well with the original word.  The features of the resulting game have nothing to do with this, to anyone except you.  A person steals the code of another person when they copying/clone it, and then use that in their own project.  The term "clone" is about the code.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : UltimateBlade via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : ivan_soto via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : audiogame via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : UltimateBlade via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : speeder via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : speeder via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tysonsylvester123 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : UltimateBlade via Audiogames-reflector