Re: Training Centers

But can Blindsquare help while walking? That'smy main question. As forthe NFB I also could never see myself attending one oftheir centers. I'veattended afew gatherings where their philosophy was preachhed withthe same rigidity that made organized religion so unappealing to me. There's also the issue and yes I've had this confirmed by many NFB members, of canes. The NFB forbids the use of folding canes or, at the very least, they did eight years ago, back when I was attending a training center run by the Idaho Commission for the Blind that, while not actually ru by the NFB, did have its fair share of NFB members and affiliates. The reason for this prohibition struck me as ridiculous to say the very least. Apparently all! those who use folding canes are merely attempting to hide their blindness. I'm sorry, but that's complete and utter BS. Maybe some people do buy them with that bizarre hope, but I use them strictly for convenience, and this after tryin g many different options. Needless to say if I'm going to go to a training center they're damn well going to let me continue to use the travel aid that works best for me. Not only that but I didn't approve of the NFB frivelously blowing all that time and money on a supposed car for the blind.