Re: Training Centers

I agree with Dark, I see no reason for sleep shades to be required. For "confidence building" they might do the exact opposite, since if someone with low vision who has little to no skill or self-confidence, who has rarely been away from home, goes to a training center, the last thing they need in the midst of adjusting to being without everyone they've probably known all their lives is being told that they will not be aloud to use what might be an essential sense for them. At the very least it could slow down the learning process considerably. Of course if one's vision is unstable that's a different matter entirely, but that should be determined on an individual basis. On a totally different note, some time before I left my state school their IT staff decided to reinstate their web filtering, and in addition to just about half the internet (audiogames.net and cracked.com just to name a few), their network now blocks the NFB site, at least it did when I wa s there, and I found that a bit amusing.