Re: a question about some audiogame mechanics

Using a pointing device such as a mouse to aim in an fps audio game, just like mainstream fps games is hard. Not the way you for example, code how the bullet travels based on the player's direction and pitch. But the way you have to let the player know they're aiming on their aponent. I haven't found a very suitable way yet, and the fact that i'm not familiar with that kind of mathematics makes it even harder for me to sort it out. But there still are other ways to add the possibility of aiming on different body parts for the player. I'm doing that in a project of mine and so far it looks like it works but this way that I've chosen is much more limited compared to the way that mainstream games handle this situation. My way is to add units for the body parts. For  example stomach can be 2 units tall. So when you move the mouse up 3 units, you aim on your aponent's chest. Like that.
However, The thing is that the player does not have that much of a chance to shoot their aponent from the top of a tall tower like a 50 steps high one.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Graeme via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Garr via Audiogames-reflector