Re: a question about some audiogame mechanics

I was thinking that if we have the ability to snap to the compass horizontally, why not vertically?
More importantly, we don't detail sound sources the way they work in reality. The voice and the footsteps come from the same location. The camera is typically at the player's feet, rather than their head. Exaggerating the vertical effects a little might help this be more apparent in audio. This eventually gets to the point where we need a character modeling system, and since we don't have any of the tools that sighted devs use for that sort of thing, everyone's heads a splode.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : SkyGuardian via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : juan reina via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : magurp244 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : kianoosh via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : pulseman45 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Graeme via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Garr via Audiogames-reflector