Re: Our most amusing idiotic stories where we screw something up horribl

Jeffb wrote:

Once I tried skiing with the PA blind sports organization. I was doing well at it and listened to the ski instructor. We were on the ski lift and she said wait until I tell you to stand and she probably even told me why but I can’t remember. For some reason I was either tired of listening to her or I just wanted to be finished so as soon as my feet touched the ground I stood and then got knocked over by the ski lift. That’s all the stories I have for now of stupid things I did as a kid.

I've been skiing as part of a local organization in my state for about 8 years or so, and now also train guides for the blind. One time I didn't listen to my guides when they told me to angle my ski tips up in preparation to get off the lift, and my skis got stuck under a lip of snow on the offloading platform. I don't remember what exactly happened, but I ended up off the lift with my skis partially jammed under the chair. Luckily, I wasn't seriously injured, but it could have been much worse. That experience taught me that the guides generally don't make the habit of telling a student something just for the heck of it. There can be serious consequences for not listening to their instructions, so when I'm out on the slopes my primary focus is always on the guide and their directions.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : rory-games via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : vaibhavbhandari via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : LordLundin via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aarush via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Aarush via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BoundTo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : BoundTo via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : ElizaBaez via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Omar Alvarado via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : mongoo_4044 via Audiogames-reflector