Re: moving from I O S

This hole battle between screen readers has been going on for ages and I doubt it'll ever end. The issue comes down to the fanatics who will deliberately make the competition look bad (which invalidates the fanatics) just to prove (in some strange way) that the fanatics platform of choice is good and the competition is the worst platform in existence. This doesn't really apply to battles between (say) NVDA and JAWS, where such fanaticism is understandable since both are centralized on a single platform (and one is obviously free and one is ridiculously overpriced). Here are the major problems with most fanaticism when it comes to phones in particular:
1) Android has two screen readers. Most of the fanatics solely focus on Talkback and none of the others. This is quite sad, really it is. Yes, Google isn't improving TB very much, but there (is) an alternative. Before bashing Android into the core of the Earth (and then out into space), consider that for a moment. Then, consider how iOS only has one screen reader.
2) VO and TB are very, very different, and made by two very different companies. Said companies have very different morals and very different methods of operation. Do I think that the google accessibility team that manages TB needs to be split into a separate company of its own so that it can actually pay full attention to TB? Yep, I sure damn do, just as I believe that Gmail, Chrome, and most of Googles separate projects should be split into separate companies as well.
I also have to agree with Turtlepower17, which is why I still have not tried commentary; I am hesitant to give my payment information to someone who I cannot fully say I trust (especially if I'm not going through a trusted vendor like Stripe/PayPal and giving them the information directly).

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : nuno69 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : giorgi elbaqidze via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : hadi . gsf via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : austingrace via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Ty via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector