Re: Swamp, zombie fps by Aprone

I really like the idea of achievements/badges. As you said, there are tons of possibilities, from consecutive hits to kill streak to missions to items collected and more.

I had a thought, to possibly cut down on trading chatter a bit and to make it easier to see who is offering what without asking all the time. You find an item in the inventory and press enter on it. This will, after you confirm the action, place the item on a sort of virtual post board. Then, other players can query that with /items [username], or some other command.

So, I open my inventory and put the Vulcan up on my board. You then type /items cosby, and hear "Cosby is offering a Vulcan Minigun". No trade suggestions or anything, just an easy way to let everyone know which items you have for sale/trade/gifting. Then players can contact you however they wish to hammer out the details, but there's no need to keep saying what you have and what you no longer have. Of course, once an item is given away it is removed from your board, and you can manually remove items by going back to the inventory.