Re: Swamp, zombie fps by Aprone

One problem for HC is that it is designed around clan membership, which puts those of us who haven't been invited to be in a clan in a space where I haven't had the interest in playing TheMadViolinist my HC character.

I think titles are going to have to have something more than bragging rights associated with them to be a significant draw.  I don't hear a clamor among non-hc players to gain them.  Titled characters could perhaps be allowed to trade from the git-go.  AFter all, doing a cycle shows your skill as you've gained 300 levels, 150 of them as an HC.  This wouldn't be much of a draw for a high level standard player since they can already trade, but might give a little assist to people trying to run the cycles.

I can't really think of mechanical benefits to titles other than access to starting certain kinds of missions.  I can already hear the howl of resistance to that suggestion.

Going back to HC, one reason it's hard to get clanned if you aren't is the small number of HC players at any given moment.

Ok, this was going to be a lot more thoughtful, but I apparently have a brain made of dandelion fluff at the moment.  These are hard problems to solve.  Aprone, perhaps you could give us some design thoughts about what your intentions were with HC and the new changes you've made and we can give you specific feedback about how the intentions are or are not being met.  Gods on a stick, I'd like to be a lot better at asking good questions right now, but you'll all just have to muddle through.