Re: Interceptor audiogame?

Dentin made a side note announcement in his change log to help generate some buzz, and this is the first fruit outside of the Alter_aeon community.  I'm one of the pair of people developing Interceptor.  As Dentin mentioned, we hope to have the game released in 1 to 3 months.  A lot of this depends on distribution architecture that Dentin has been helping with.  The game itself is in final beta testing.  We were initially waiting until closer to time to announce it, but since we're here, here goes:

Interceptor is a menu-driven audio enhanced game that simulates a battle between your interceptor fighter and hordes of alien space craft.  As of now it has two modes: a quick shoot and kill mode, and a longer more involved strategic mode.  In both versions different types of alien fighters have different capabilities, and occasionally you get a chance to attack a target of opportunity.  These range from noncombatant tanker ships t o the alien's own mother ship.

In the longer strategic version of the game, as well as watching energy levels the player must take into account how damaged systems impact his viability.  For instance, as engine efficiency decreases the chances of gaining the initiative on alien fighters decreases as well.  Reaction from beta testers thus far has been very positive.  Right now the quick version averages 20-40 minutes to play and the longer version ranges more in the hour to hour and a half range.  One of our final projects with the beta is to make quick mode absolutely as fast as possible.  Once we have more details, we will post a link to our company web site and give you more information.

The primary coder for our project is Aaron Speares aka Valiant8086 who developed a lot of the support for the Monkey Term client on Alter_aeon.  He also has developed a nifty speak dropbox application that you can find at his web site

http://valiant8086.com

We're using the BGT tool kit for building the game, and it will use Aaron's BGT voice over scripts.

Thanks for all the interest,

Jeremy Brown

  • [Audiogame... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Orin
    • Re: [... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: audiogamer101
    • Re: [... AudioGames.net Forum — New releases room: Orin
    • Re: [... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: audiogamer101
    • Re: [... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • [Audi... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Orin
    • Re: [... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Orin
    • Re: [... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dentin
    • Re: [... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: vga
    • Re: [... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: vga
    • Re: [... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: vga
    • Re: [... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Victorious
    • Re: [... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: SLJ
    • Re: [... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: Dark
    • Re: [... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: hanif
    • Re: [... AudioGames.net Forum — General Game Discussion: vga