Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Crashmaster, seriously bro, you are not helping here.

to be perfectly, brutally honest here, you sound a bit like one of those conspiracy theory nuts. You're going from "I don't know about this whole shutdown thing" to "war is coming, zombies are coming". Uh...what, exactly, are you on about?

At this point, we can strongly suspect the following.

The human race will survive this. Some will die, most will survive.
The economy will eventually recover. We can't be sure to what extent and in which way.
Social distancing does work. As to how well it works, only time will tell.
The environment is definitely benefiting right now from lessened productivity.

Spreading fear, misinformation or conspiracy theories does absolutely no good, for anyone, anytime, ever. Please cut it out.

If this virus, or another one, shows up again, and we proved that social distancing did a good job the first time, then we go back into lockdown again. And if you want to be one of those who decides not to participate, then you're kinda going to be part of the problem, and I suspect most people will lose a great deal of sympathy for your kind. Because yes, lockdown and self-isolation and whatnot is annoying. It's problematic. It's upsetting. No arguments here. But it's your own feelings vs. the safety of the world, and me, I know which one wins out in a moral quandary, every time, no exceptions. After all, you are not the only one stuck at home, Crashmaster. Where do you think I am right now? Do you think I'm happy about it? Do you think I'm going to say "fuck it, I'm done" if this goes on long enough? I'd rather not take the chance that I'm carrying or could act as a carrier in the future, and I'd rather not kill anyone, thank you very much.

As I've said before, maybe we aren't perfect about this social isolation thing. That's one thing. But there's always time to improve there.

Seriously though. All this talk about inability to travel, no holidays, zombies, bombs, being shelled? I'm pretty flabbergasted by all of this. Like, have you actually stopped and thought about what you're saying, or am I reading a half-asleep sort of stream-of-consciousness burst that has little basis in reality?