Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Comcast has lifted its data cap, from what I know. I was never personally a heavy downloader, at least not to the point where I came anywhere remotely close to using the terabyte of data Comcast allows per month, but I can appreciate the fact that they're doing this. Ditto the major cell phone providers, who are considering granting waivers for late payments.

@Jayde and others who have provided reassurance, I appreciate it. There are a number of factors at play which have me really, pee my pants scared. Not literally, but you know what I mean. I can't really go into them on a public forum, since I don't think the people involved would like that one bit if they found out, but some new information has come to light which really has put an even bigger weight on my shoulders.

As for making peace with past mistakes and hurts, I admit that's something I was never good at. I don't see how adding a ticking clock to the mix will help me come to terms with them any faster. What I do know is that, just as I was finding myself more comfortable in my own skin, putting things behind me, and so on, all of this BS happened. It doesn't exactly give me a strong foundation of hope. I've always considered myself to be unlucky, and this, to my mind, proves it.

But, no, I also don't believe nuclear warfare or a zombie apocalypse is coming. I actually took great pleasure in proving my family members wrong when they tried to tell me that there are no confirmed cases in Russia, which means that they and China are gearing up for an attack against the US. There are, of course, cases in Russia, just as there are in many nations. The thing that may end civilization as we know it isn't a full-scale, desolate the world event, but the possible closure of essential services. True, there hasn't been talk of that yet, but if the spread of the virus doesn't slow, or actually continues to rise, then entire infrastructures could collapse. And when that happens, that's when people will go nuts. At that point, there really would be no recovery. I certainly hope that won't happen, but anything is possible. Right now, what I'm focused on for the most part is the health and safety of those who are important to me, since, as I said, I've received information that I could have possibly been exposed. And, for the record, I do have a strong immune system, but that doesn't mean all that much, especially when it comes to possible unknowing transmission to others. In fact, today, I was called a terrorist for possibly being a carrier.

There are financial considerations that are weighing on me, too. At the moment, both my parents have jobs which are considered essential. That could change at a moment's notice, however. We're not poor by any means, but with literally no source of income, especially for several months, we would tank, just as many others would. That's why I feel so bad even worrying about that, because I know that, right now, there are hundreds of thousands of people who can no longer make ends meet. I worry even harder for my partner's family, who are more or less scraping by as it is. Knowing that I can do nothing to help, that's one of the worst feelings I've ever experienced. And, since I can't change it, or pull money out of my ass to keep them afloat should they need it, all I can do is ruminate on it.