Re: Declining Mental Health, Do You Need to Vent?

@1, thanks for making a post like this. I myself am no stranger to declining mental health. It was especially strong in college because I had so much going on. So I completely understand why this post is valuable in more ways than one.
I am happy to say my mental health has significantly improved since that time in my life. Recent changes and updates have left me happier than I've ever been. I know people often say happiness shouldn't be based on, or reinforced by other people, but I think a reason I haven't gone mad yet is because of my significant other living with me. smile And in general, I imagine it's a bit easier to deal with this isolation when living with someone.
I would be happy to talk to people as well on Skype or possibly other social media. Just get in touch in PM or reply to this post. I work on week days so can't promise a chat during the day (US Central Time), but would be happy to have a chat after work.
And I know, it's so much easier said than done when people try to encourage good health and wish the best for others, but I know our situation is much scarier than people might believe. *no politics here but watching news may not contribute well to health*
And it truly makes me sad that some people aren't able to pay bills and rent. In the US, I've heard some scary statistics about our unemployment rate going up and smaller businesses shutting down. That's disheartening. I won't lie, this thing is all around a bad event, leaving a mark in our history. But one thing I take comfort in is that we're all having to go through this together. I know that's a bit of a cliche, but it's true and to the point.
The best I can offer at the moment in this reply is reassurance that this thing will pass, and we can hopefully look back on this in the future with a better outlook on life.
Finances are always a tricky subject to address, so I won't go there, but one can only hope things in the US get better with the support of our leaders. sad
But perhaps another thing I can offer, but not promise, is some help with college work. I'd like to think I'm well-versed in a lot of the trickier subjects, and may be able to provide some insight into explaining certain concepts, help solve a homework problem or two, and other arrangements. I wouldn't ask for anything in return. I just want to do a little in the way of helping out my fellow community.
Anyway, I want to wish you all the best, and know my words will do little to comfort you, but am offering to make an effort in helping out where I can.