Re: Questions regarding iPhone and Mac

Can I take it that you've already seen one? Apple Stores often let you play with them on-site, if that is what you need to do.

You can also listen to Alex at Apple's VoiceOver page for OS X.

As to virtualisation, someone here will have done it using the cheapest possible method, as that's usually the objective anyway (they want to use OS X, but not buy Mac hardware). This goes against Apple's licenses, of course, and the experience really isn't very good, but it would solve the problem of just converting TTS voices. A Mac Mini costs $599, usually, I think, so if you just want to get going, that could be the way.

I am currently seriously thinking of going back to Windows on my main desktop machine, and Alex will definitely be missed. But not entirely, and not as much as all that. iOS will be coming with me, and I'll use iTunes for Windows.

Wait until WWDC for a verdict. There is still no reason yet why OS X shouldn't be a valid platform for a Windows defector, but they might announce ARM hardware which would limit your Windows options. Or it might bring the cost down, and turn OS X into a substantial consumer OS, requiring a separate Windows machine anyway. WWDC is tomorrow. smile