Re: Corona Virus: is it the beginning of the end?

Turtlepower, good on you for trying to make a difference where you think it will matter.
I'm not convinced Joe Biden is a great candidate, but I -am convinced that Trump is by far the greater of two evils. If I were American, I would vote purely to add my single voice to the other millions who will doubtlessly try to get him out of office. It's not so much that I support Biden; it's that I want to do everything I can to wreck Trump, short of actually doing him physical harm.
That's me, though. I don't expect everyone has the same MO.

Also, this whole thing about being hush-hush around the ballot box? I confess that this is something I have never understood. I don't think anyone has a right to know how you voted if you don't -want them to know, but I don't think it should be taboo to discuss your choice, either at the polling station or from the nearest available rooftop. Hell, I say share away. I know I do. I have nothing to be ashamed of. I vote with a relatively clear conscience, even if it's only to shut out someone else. I'm more than willing to own my complicitude in the process, and see no reason that I should be quiet about it. I mean no, obviously I don't want to ram my opinion down everybody's throat, particularly if they aren't open to it in the first place. That's just loud and brash and completely unnecessary. But I see no reason why two intelligent and rational human beings can't discuss either politics or religion. The reason they've been mystified into these relationship-wrecking, life-altering, family-destroying entities is not because they're dangerous in and of themselves; it's because people simply wield them this way, and are groomed to do so.

Also, I can't help but think of the similar taboo, where you're told to generally not talk about your salary with your colleagues in a company. As far as I've ever seen or heard of, when a company does this, it's because they want info about wages to be as nontransparent as possible, and that's usually to their benefit. Under capitalism, when employees find out how much one another are making, it tends to expose favouritism and inequity all over the place. Now obviously, I'd not walk into a brand-new job and say "I make thirty-seven grand a year, Bill. How about you?". But I also don't think the subject should be completely off limits either.