Re: Adding Radegast

pitermach wrote:

I personally have no experience with second life and I do not believe any of the other editors do either. From what I gathered about reading about Radagast and all the other aproaches people used to use before, getting into SL currently would require someone to not only sit down and get used to the controls but also meet up with another person to give them a tutorial, so if it were to get an entry I think someone very familiar with the service would need to write a description.

And, like Ironcross said, for something to get a database entry, it needs to let a blind person access almost every aspect of the game or there at least being simple work arounds to any remaining barriers, so that a blind person could play it completely independently to completion, or in the case of multiplayer, being able to access every feature without being left out of anything major. From what I know, Second life is an extremely complex game, with tons of side activities you can do. Does radagast let you access any of that or are you just mainly limited to walking around and talking to people?

Yes, you can access virtually whatever you like in world. The only thing we can not do right now is drive a vehicle. The only reason why we can't do that is because arrow buttons are not displaying. They are there; the screen readers just are not recognizing them. But the developer, Cinder Roxley, has a fix for that and an update is expected any day now with the fix in place.

You don't have to have someone teach you how to use Radegast. There is a guide on the website you can use to learn on your own. We wrote it that way so that people could access SL on their own without any problems should they choose. But I personally recommend that you accept a little help just to get used to Second Life itself as it is so detailed.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : heartssong via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : heartssong via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : heartssong via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : heartssong via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector