Re: Adding Radegast

ironcross32 wrote:

You can access some things, but it's very visual. Going into SL blind feels like you have more of a disability than in the real world. You need help to do so many things that you wouldn't in real life, or that you may require minimal assistance in real life.

Picking out clothing is one. You have to buy clothing, but since Radegast is a text-only client for a 3D game, you cannot access certain aspects of the clothing, i.e. the HUD that so many of them have for various options. So you need to find clothing that doesn't have the HUD. Then you actually need help getting dressed because there is no way to organize clothing so that you know what each piece is.
There are events held in Second Life. Everything from conferences to concerts, speaking engagements, what have you. All these things you will be able to go to, but you will need help from someone else to know where to be. Without that, you'll either be standing at a random place, or you'll try to find a chair in the list and sit down, only for someone to tell you that you've just sat down on someone else.

My conclusion about it is that it's not a game or an audio game, and that we can't play it without a lot of sighted help. I totally understand that some people do view this as a much better alternative to life. For instance, without giving too much away, I've met people on there with very serious disabilities that severely limit their physical capabilities in the real world. But what they have is the ability to see, so when they go into SL, they can feel free as a bird in there. I'm not trying to take that away from anyone. But it's just that if you're blind, you won't get that experience. You'll feel more of a burden in there than you do in real life. You won't be able to do as much as you can in real life, and you won't have access to even a tenth of a percent of the things that SL has to offer. This is why I'm not recommending it for candidacy in the database.

I have absolutely no problem getting dressed or knowing what clothing items are in my inventory. It takes practice to learn how to get dressed in SL. As for going places, I never recieve any help in that area either. Second Life is not something you just are going to be able to walk in to and instantly grasp. It takes time because it is a huge environment.

There are clothing huds, but huds are accessible if their buttons are labeled. A lot of us don't use huds for our clothes just because we prefer it hat way. That is a personal preference.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : pitermach via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : heartssong via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : heartssong via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : heartssong via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : heartssong via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Meatbag via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Ethin via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Jayde via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : JayJay via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : ironcross32 via Audiogames-reflector
    • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Site and forum feedback : Nuno via Audiogames-reflector