Re: Shades of Doom Version 2.0 Public Beta Released

Cw, I will say at least  on my part there were  quite good reasons I expected major changes in Shades version 2.0.

firstly, were the changes  between 1.0 and 1.2, (actually 1.2 came out about a week after I bought the game). These included several new weapons and  teweked behaviour in older weapons, some level tweaks to make life easier (for example the ability to know how many  wafers were left to pick up on a level), a learn game sounds menu, and an entirely   redesigned level 9.

I also believe some of the other levels got some  miner alterations, though i am not absolutely certain on this one.

The second reason I was expecting major changes was the difference between Toc 1.0 and 2.0. Toc 2.0 is almost an entirely different game! the basic second world war style stratogy game got several new unit  types, from static artilliary to engineers as well as changes in the balance of current units such as fighters, and the mechanics changed with the differences in  turns being taken over time (I confess that one is still confusing me but that's another matter). In addition the game  got online play capability, and  what is effectively two extra  varients on the same stratogy game, the   medieval stratogy map and the startrek stratogy map, either of which could have potentially been commercial games in and of themselves. And of course there is the ability to create more maps, settings and unit types in the future.

Given  these major changes, I do think a little degree of disappointment is reasonable, for all I don't think the changes in Shades 2.0 aren't worth 5 usd (whether they're worth ten could be another matter, but pricing is a very subjective process).

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : jaybird via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : robjoy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Exodus via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector