Re: Shades of Doom Version 2.0 Public Beta Released

Interesting about the multiplayer. I confess multiplayer is less my thing sinse I tend to prefer exploring and single player plot than competing against others, for all I'd probably give it a try, btw, this is why i liked swamp sinse it was possible to effectively play as a single player game.  I actually also agree with Arjan that Gma tank commander would probably work more effectively in terms of setting as a multiplayer game, sinse I did always like the  impression of being one  lone surviver stuck in a very dark and hostile place shades  gave, which would not be the same in  a frantic,  multiplayer melee, then again i freely admit I'm more a single player sort of bod  anyway.

The  major things i was hoping for in the update were more plot sequences and objects to play with, sinse some of those levels are pretty empty (especially compared to Sarah), and more variety in enemies, sinse I always found myself getting a bit tir ed of seeing the same mutants and cyborgs again by level 5 or 6 so, extra  background ambience and a  bit of variety in setting would've been nice too.

Actual extra levels, or some sort of map designer might have been fun, though I was not entirely holding out for this.

Regarding buying the upgrade, as I said though i do feel disappointed I'm personally happy to support Gma  to the tune of 5 usd, especially because more is obviously on the way, and I look forward to  hearing the new sounds. I would also be a little concerned that if too many people didn't   show an interest in the upgrade we may not see  more work on Shades in the future.That being said I may contact David once I have bought he upgrade and express some of these concerns.

However, as Arjan said perhaps it's now time to move on.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Phil via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : cw via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Chris via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : assault_freak via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : keba via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : dd via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Sebby via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : welshweyr via Audiogames-reflector