Re: Where Are The Audio Gamers?

A lot of it is people in different countries who simply can't purchase them. Whether paypal or other financial institutions are blocked by their government, or they and their families lack the funds, it creates this situation where you have folks who would play if they could. Apart from that, if you hang around the blind community long enough, you'll become introduced to the stereotype that blind people don't want to pay for anything. That is, they just want things handed to them for free. While not everyone has this attitude, it definitely does exist. For these people, you can talk or scream until you're blue in the face but it won't change anything. They feel entitled, like the world owes them. It's really unfortunate because you just can't do quality for free.

The rest will buy your games. They'll support you if they like what you do, but they don't make up a large portion of the community, I'm afraid. Working around this, I think when the big game does drop, people will be the risk takers and buy it, then word of mouth will spread. It'll trickle down and more people will buy it, then often times, someone steps up and will do a contest or something to at least get a few copies into the hands of people who couldn't otherwise afford it. These guys usually pay for them out of pocket, but sometimes, developers will offer a few keys. By the way, I didn't mean any offense with the term, "risk takers". The fact its that it can be a risk to purchase a game. Sometimes we don't know whether it'll be accessible, so we buy and hope and if not, will have to try to get a refund - which can be easy or difficult depending. Other times, it's a risk because someone who buys it might not have a lot of discretionary income. They'll get it and play it and may not like it.

To wrap it all up, this can be attributed to many factors. Lack of disposable income, lack of any money for such things, an entitled attitude, and feeling as if it might be too much of a gamble. I'm sure there are more that I'm just not thinking of.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : queenslight via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lml5280 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : lml5280 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : nolan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : PitchBlack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : PitchBlack via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : Erick via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — General Game Discussion : tayo . bethel via Audiogames-reflector