Re: In memorium, Terry goodkind

It took me the better part of a year to read those books. It has been quite the experience. I understand what he was trying to do, and the fantasy world was brilliant. The TV series is a little bit not what I expected, (Richard is more aggressive in the TV series than in the actual book, even when holding the actual sword.) But It's all right.

RIP Terry Goodkind. I may re-read his books again, once I get over the pure emotions that it took me to read the books once, it was far from easy after like the 6th or 7th book. I feel like Jagang is much more of r villain than the one in The Omen Machine to Warheart.
***Spoilers ahead***
I love the magical system because of the way it deals with those who don't have magic, I mean, for there to be people out there who possess no gift at all, and for there to also be wizards, that is definitely a way to explain how the world works. Also, those with no gift, after having been freed by Richard, aren't developed in the plot as a curse to the magic system, in fact, they are made more powerful due to the fact they can't be directly affected by magic. Then again, that one Rahl character who thought he was untouchable definitely got what he deserved. I felt kinda bad for him because Richard just left him at the pillars of creation to die without breathing, that's a bad way to go for anyone. Sorry,  I don't want to spoil more of the book.
***end of spoilers***
Anyway, I could ramble on about the books, but this post is already too  long. i may re-read them for the fact that the author died, but like I said, need to get over the emotions it left for me after reading.