Re: In memorium, Terry goodkind

Naked Empire is by far my least favourite book in the original series. By a mile.
I mean, okay, yes, it's cool there's this cut-off little bubble where people live completely free of magic, and I'm okay with these people being pacifists as well since arguably they really wouldn't have to do much harm to anything else in order to go on living. But it's really, really badly done IMO, and it's here in particular where the dialogue really starts to grate. I believe there are like three different points where Richard goes on tirades, and it's just at a point where we, the reader, know all this stuff. Why do we have to listen to Richard proclaim so freaking often?

Crossroads of Twilight was probably the worst WoT book for me, and I agree that from roughly books 5-11, the series really, really began spreading out. In some ways this was good; the world largely feels more real this way. But it does add unnecessary heft to the series, so I hope that if the TV adaptation takes off, it condenses things down into maybe 8 seasons, total.