Re: Discussion of the 2020 American Federal Election

@201
If someone kicks you over and over and over and over and someone else says I'm going to burn the people who supposedly kicked you, you'd go for it, just because you'd like the kicking to stop.  If it feels like it's all of society, except it's worse than being kicked in the stomach once a day, and someone says I'm going to burn society, you'd still probably go for it to make the kicking stop.

I try hard to remember that if you just keep beating someone down continually for long enough you end up with a Trump supporter.  Maybe it's equally elitist to say that what I kind of land on is pity.  But: we as a society did fail most of the people who vote for him, and as much as people are right about things like "the coal jobs aren't coming back" and stuff like that, "but we'll have a solution in 20 years" doesn't put food on the table today.

In other words I understand this head-in-the-sand I run on anger urge, but it doesn't help anyone up to and including the people doing it; while I don't hate Trump voters in abstract, I will say that in my personal friend/family circle, I'll probably be going out of my way to avoid anyone who voted for him, and there's probably about to be a difficult discussion with my dad.