Re: Discussion of the 2020 American Federal Election

@238
My point isn't that you like Sanders.  My point is that whenever you make a political point, you come across like you haven't given any thought to why the world is currently the way it is, or why it might be hard to change that.  I agree with what you want.  But you have consistently come across as thinking that we should just throw it all out and go for it with no real understanding of how that can't ever work, at least to me.

Find the most right wing person you want and ask them if, in a world where we have infinite resources, would they be good with living in a leftist eutopia where no one is hungry, everyone is free to do whatever they want on a day to day basis, and everyone has massive personal freedom.  Most will say sure, though maybe with some "but there's some religious things I don't like about this" clarifications.  Flip it around and go ask the left if they would want to live in a rightist eutopia where everyone is fed and housed but we have a bunch of religion islands that have absolute control over their citizens, and you'll get "well I don't like the ones without gender equality and you really should make it possible for everyone to leave" but the answer would still be yes.  At least at that level, much of the end goals are the same.

If you come to understand how we go from that to Trump, you will understand rather a lot.  But I can't put the insight into words for you because it just doesn't fit into words well.