Re: Discussion of the 2020 American Federal Election

You know, over the last few months, I've gone more left, mostly centrist, than I've ever been. I mean, not like I've been into politics before, but I've met some one who lost their job due to COVID layoffs and such, and they have no income. None. They go days without eating because there's nothing else that they can do. They're working on getting food stamps, but because government is slow at everything, they live off of what money I can give them. Let's be clear, if there wasn't people like me who care, these kinds of people, who are now unemployed, would be dead. I mean, not even the churches around this person cares enough to help. People in America are starving, yes, starving, and these ass hole politicians keep on playing their stupid game of seeing just which one of the two old, rich, white men get elected in their continued game of political entertainment. And that's what it is. Just a show of chaos and all that on TV, to be watched and fretted over, and talked about. But it shouldn't! It effects people, real people! I could get behind universal income if there was a source of money to fuel it. And I could get behind taxing the rich, because Sanders doesn't need freaking 2 or 3 houses, neither does Bill Gates or anyone else, and Biden doesn't need millions of dollars, either! But if we tax the rich, they'll probably just go to Europe or China or somewhere else. hat doesn't excuse it, and it'd show just how awful they are, but what do I know. I was raised here in Alabama, by, pretty much, the government, and didn't learn much in school. I am, was... very underdeveloped in the mind department. I probably still am. But if normal people can live without two houses, three cars, a millions of dollars that is unneccisary, then the rich can do. I mean, not even the old kings had what rich people have today. And that just shows that, in every age, the rich keep getting richer, and the more struggle to stay alive. Granted, there are far less very poor people today than there was in the old days, but nowadays we *can* help the very poor far better than we could before. All these politicians make me so angry because they're all like "I care about you," while not giving us a single cent! Neither Biden nor Trump would give the person I know a job. Obama, Bush, or Clinton wouldn't have either. And Trummps whole message is "make America great again." Again? When has life ever been, materially speaking, greater than it is now. When, in the past 6000+ years of recorded human history, have we ever had this much free time, money, and food as a society? When have we ever had this much entertainment?
never. Now, mentally, we're pretty messed up. Depression, anxiety, all that is through the roof, and COVID has only intesified that. And we're all so loney and in need of... something. I belive we're in need of God and forgiveness and Love, but that's just me. We are *not* in need of politicians filling us up with their hatred for "the other side," or their cheap entertainment shows called debates and rallies. If they actually did work, and made things better, and gave a single crap, I'd be fine with them. But none of them do. None of them!

And there are so many people who go on and on and on about abortion. You know what, I want to see them asked about people who are starving, in this literal land of freaking plenty, where you can get a burger, for a dollar or a little more, where /school lunches/ are just thrown away because we're all so very wasteful! Instead, you know what? The food that isn't eaten during school lunches could be given to people who are unemployed. And I just now thought of that! I mean, I'm *not* the smartest person here, and definitely not in America. But I care about these people! I mean, here I am with a job, can afford to order food delivered to me because I've eaten microwave meals for four months and I'm so tired of it, and I'm doing two staff members worth of work every week and I'm coming to my breaking point. And yeah, I'm not that great of a person. I'll say it right here. I'm selfish, I'm lazy, and I hate myself for it. But there are people, even if I'm not rich and losing money trying to help others, and need to start saving, who are even worse off than me, who eat raman noodles and rice every day or two or three because that's all they can afford, and no that's not three meals a day. Fortunately, this person is starting to find work. Not a job, just stuff that other people are paying them to do, but maybe, oh my God, just maybe it'll turn into something more.

I'm a Christian. I take my faith as serious as I can. In this world of distractions, where ones sexual feelings and happiness and instant gratification bleaches every moral choice to dirty gray, and where ones happiness is seen as the top priority of life, it's very hard. But there are organizations which preach the sanctity of human life, and over-preach the importance of the lives of the unborn. I'd ask them, then, what about the young adults, out of high school for only a few years, who now are unemployed? What about blind people who live in government housing who aren't even supposed to go out to get a haircut, or anything, just Walmart, work, home, work, home, Walmart, home, work, home, home, home... Isn't mental health important? Isn't physical wellbeing important? Isn't food important? Nah, just the unborn, right? Just that one hot topic, that one talking point, that one, single, issue. And it's just anti-left. That's all it really is. Christianity has just become a list of talking points. It's narrowed, for so many of these organizations, from a world-spanning, big picture, life-altering movement to just conservatives belly-aching about change and the growth of the world. I'm so tired of it. I mean, sometimes good points are raised, but I care about people, here and now. Right *now*, people are dying of starvation while most people around here live in plenty. I don't care about a choice made to kill a developing baby as much as I care about the people who have lived, who have grown, and who need help! After all, if you believe that God is sovereign, you believe that God has made the choice that that baby who was aborted would be aborted, so it is a part of God's plan. Then again, the suffering of people who live now is too. So there I am, a contradiction already. Ah well, never said I was perfect or unbiassed or anything. I know there is a God, the Universe couldn't have made itself, life couldn't have made itself, and we humans have progressed wildly beyond anything, even just technologically and socially, than could have ever happened by chance. But God is a god of justice, and he is holy, holy, holy, whatever that actually means, so maybe there is so logic in all this. Maybe he is trying to reach out to this person, through the pain, through the hunger, and this is the only way he can get them to pay attention. Because an all-powerful and sovereign God can't just speak to her as he did with Abraham and others.

Also, these conservatives just sit there and joke about the fly on the Vice President's head too, just like everyone else. It's seriously not much different than watching a normal podcast, just with a Christian "slant." It's just, so much less than helpful. We should be the ones taking politics, life, people, seriously. But no. of course not. That just makes too much sense.