Re: Help me recover from a scam so I can buy a PS5

Frankly, I don't blame Lukas for leaving in a huff. He came here, explained his reasons for wanting donations, and provided references to his previous work advocating for mainstream gaming accessibility in the Czech Republic. He did nothing illegal and did not break forum rules by posting his fundraising link. He was not forcing us as forum members to donate to his cause; rather, he invited us to donate if we felt so inclined. For his troubles, he received a chorus of loudmouths who chided him for his stupidity and aimed derisive comments at the people who willingly chose to donate.

Did Lukas exercise good judgment in trying to purchase a PS5 before it's release date from a shady dealer who provided no ability for him to appeal the purchase? No; Lukas himself said that he acted in error. Was the fundraiser tone-deaf given the economic hardships brought on by the COVID-19 pandemic? Probably. But, did Lucas' decisions deserve the hostile, condescending treatment given to him by certain forum members? Certainly not. This thread quickly devolved into an episode of Kick Them When They're Already Down, which is unfortunately something we see far too much on this forum, and it would be a sad day indeed if these posters inadvertently forced out someone '
who may become an outstanding advocate for us simply because they disagreed with his methods.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : thetechguy via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : Vulcan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : TheGreatCarver via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Off-topic room : star fire via Audiogames-reflector