Re: Curiosity about Japanese Games

Jade, if exploration is more your thing, then Shadow Rine would definitely be more your cup of tea since the world is much bigger. BK 1 is more exploration-heavy, as cae said, but I wouldn't necessarily say that BK 2 and 3 are just run and gun action games... BK 3 especially has some backtracking and some of the most challenging puzzles I've ever seen in an audio game. SR is definitely more along the lines of Zelda games, with less complicated combat. And items are actually quite involved, especially at higher difficulties. The difference is that items are pretty passive in this game, meaning you collect them and the effect is automatically applied, since most of it is health recovery, health boosts, attack boosts and increases for your special skill points. I'm still working on my let's play, but this summer has kept me so swamped I haven't been able to continue for a bit. Planning to in the next week or so, hopefully.