Re: Curiosity about Japanese Games

Right, so I'm having some issues getting started.

I went over to Bladestorm's guide for a starting-point. I grabbed NVDA and installed it. I then got hold of the translation thing, an Eloquence driver (because I prefer that voice unless I can't use it for speech for these things), plus that text patch thing. I dumped the hook.dll and launch.exe in ShadowRine's directory when I downloaded the game itself. If I click on "launch", it says "error running program" for some reason, but I don't understand it.
Now, if I try and start the game up (after installing my ad-ons), I can make the game do things, but I can't understand more than the very first menu (where it says new game and all that). I can start a game, but can't read dialogue. Shift+caps lock+t and shift+caps lock+y don't actually grab anything to translate. If I hit enter, text scrolls by, but even though I've done what I thought I was supposed to, N VDA doesn't seem to be getting hold of it. I don't know if it's because the text isn't being sent to the clipboard or what, but if that's the case, I don't know how to make it do that.

If anyone could sort of walk me through this bit of it, I'd be very happy. I dearly want to give this game a try.