Re: I'm blind and want to develop a very complex game

Agreed. No one is calling you an idiot.  I do not think of you as such.  But I'm telling you what programming is, and I am telling you what it is not.  It has no relation to anything you've mentioned in post 20, save maybe math.  But it's not closely related to algebra math but rather formal logic math.
You cannot begin by making this game.  I'm sorry.  I know that's not what you want to hear.  It's going to take 6 months or so before you're at the point of even starting.   You are not memorizing rules.  You cannot be told things.  You're building thought processes.  The only way to build these thought processes is to start with manageable programs and work your way up.  I can show you code all day long.  But unless you're the one writing it, your brain is not building the structure.  The programming tutorials will teach you the language.  They will not teach you how to program.  The articles you will primarily be reading about game design are not going to tell you how yours works, they're going to tell you how the author made theirs work.  They're going to outright contradict each other.  It's up to you to know what you're doing so you can choose to apply or disregard advice.  You're going to make painful design mistakes, and believe me you want to make these painful design mistakes far away from your magnum opus.
We all started where you are.  6 months is the fastest time period in which you can get from zero to the level of coding required, and to do so would basically mean you're a programming savant.  Start smaller.  Tic-tac-toe is not as stupidly easy as you think it is.  Telling you to do tic-tac-toe is not me calling you an idiot, it's me telling you what a good nontrivial intro project is.  There is truly innate ability required, and it&# 039;s completely separate from any intelligence or lack thereof.  Some people cannot sing. That does not make them stupid.  I'm telling you how to try singing, if you will.  You're not able to know if you can program until you try to program.  And that's all it comes down to.  There is no implication beyond that.

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : lukas via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : The Imaginatrix via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : audiogames . net fan via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : Aprone via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : GhorthalonTheDragon via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — Developers room : arqmeister via Audiogames-reflector