Re: to blind new agers

ah yes, the stereotypes. I fully agree with you on this point Dark, even though I am a Christian--although, given the fact that I once was an atheist who thought the idea of god was completely rediculus, I have some experience with the points outlined above. However, that is not what the bible tells us to do--and, astoundingly enough, the main reason for atheism in this world is Christians, namely how some of us come across I.E. Seeming to ignore all other religious debate and such. That, and the way that some people, one of which even used to be on this forum, do exactly what violinist said--they try to parent you, try to force you onto the Christian faith. So while I am a Christian, I gladly accept others for their beliefs, and I'll not shun some one for their beliefs, lest they are hostile towards me in the case of some of the extremist groups present today. This is also why I prefer not to engage in debates if it starts to feel like I'm "persuading" people to believe in god and how good and loving he is. I don't want to do that to unwilling people: if you are muslim and want to stay muslim, do it. Same with hindus, buhddists, even evolutionists and atheists. I know how it feels to be put under pressure and almost shunned Christianity before I was saved because of it.