Re: question about Earphones, earbones, iphones and satnavs

@Locutus, well by a rather nice coincidence, I learnt today that the local society for the blind where my parents are are happening to have an exhibition, and humanware are attending. They specifically mentioned the aftershock earphones in their promotional material, so I will get a chance to try some there, not to mention checking victor stream compatibility, indeed I'm going to phone humanware on monday and make sure they're bringing them.

The local society are generally so and so on usefulness but occasionally they have their uses, albeit that they have the worst name ever, they're called my sight! yes, a society for the blind is called My sight!

I can just see the great messages now "sorry my sight is closed", or when they're website is down "My sight's site is not functional" (does that make you doubly blind), ---- oooh, the puns they do be endless!

@Locutus, I remember it was mentioned that the Rnib satnav was basically just a renamed version from another country, so it is entirely possible that the seeing eye program you mention is the same one, particularly sinse the term "seeing eye" with reference to guidance is a specifically American one and not used in Britain. "seeing eye dog" is one that always amuses me as a name for a guide dog, ---- so all other dogs have unseeing eyes do they? big_smile.

Then again the rnib satnav might have been another one, I'm genuinely unsure which is why I'd appreciate a comment on the subject, indeed I'm not tied to the rnib satnav specifically, anything that is good at walking routes and telling you when to turn or what roads to cross etc would do the trick really, I just recall someone on this forum mentioning that the rnib one was surprisingly good, albeit it was good due to being a program rename for the Uk rath er than because the Rnib themselves had done anything more than market the name and get paid (well so what is new).