Re: New Infinite Apocalpytic Procedural Ascii Game "The Wastes"

NEW RELEASE (its small because I'm working on inventory stuff but its got some nice new features)

@Gene no problem man, everyone has those days, I had one like that yesterday I was working from 7:30am to 4:00am haha, felt like I had been working for days

I've moved the downloads over to dropbox now to prevent these ads, heres the latest version https://www.dropbox.com/s/x8ejtkbch9jqa … 7.zip?dl=1

@threeblacknoises fixed all the bugs you mentioned, thanks for finding them

as for scrap master, you can combine a weapon you find with a wepon you already have at a cost of durability, but it increases value and damage

jules? What do you mean

There is no loading or saving at the moment and wont be until the game has more of its important core features, remember this isn't a finished game, saving is something that comes in at the end because otherwise I would have to update it each version and it would be too much extra work, it has to load up and store/read all variables that the player has changed and has to remember where they are, the problem is with every new skill and new fearture added thats more variables I've got to remember to add, its easier to do it all at the end of development or at least once all the main stuff is done to prevent a shit ton of bugs and extra work

The next build won't have stats, my main focus at the moment is inventory

@Gene and threeblack, cheers for making that temp upload for gene, the latest version has uncompressed sounds ^ but to be honest If it was a choice between no game and low-q sounds version, I'd got for low-q sounds, at least there was a choice.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy

I'm currently really busy with the inventory system check on reddit for updates but it's going to be slow the next few days because theres lots to do

  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Trenton Goldshark via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : fa1ckg via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : GeneWarner via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : threeblacknoises via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : aaron77 via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : razvitasca via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : Wastelander via Audiogames-reflector
  • ... AudioGames . net Forum — New releases room : firefly82 via Audiogames-reflector