On Thu, 2005-09-29 at 19:07 -0700, GreenMan wrote:
> I ran into the same issue with the local Benchmark vendor, though I've
> heard that Benchmark might allow a demo on a company-direct purchase.

Mercenary has a money back guarentee. http://www.mercenary.com/
They don't demo, but you can buy something and send it back. They of
course, want you to buy something else from them. They have many
different DACs, but they start at about $900 for stereo.

You have to trust your ears, but I don't hold a lot of confidence in
DACs that are priced about the same as the SB2 being a lot better.
Sean has put a lot of good engineering into the SB2.

Keep looking for a better vendor. Or depending on where you are,
you might find someone who has what you want and you can audition
it privately.

--
Pat Farrell
http://www.pfarrell.com