FYI, the off-the-shelf Elpac linear PSU that most folks were originally
recommending was the Elpac WM075-1950-760 (not the WM050-)

I bought mine from electronicsurplus.com

However, I believe the WM075- model is/was in limited supply, so
perhaps folks tried the lower powered model and found it suitable as
well.  I'm not an EE, but perhaps somebody else with sufficient
knowledge can chime in.

--
sleepysurf

squeezebox2 (with elpac wm075-1950-760 linear psu) direct to amp using
slimserver preamp vol control, 300gb buffalo linkstation (remote flac
audio file storage), sunfire cinema grand 200 ~five (vertically
bi-amped) driving martin-logan aerius i's, blue jeans cables.

'Click to see pix of my system'
(http://www.martinloganowners.com/~tdacquis/forum/showthread.php?t=732)