Mike Anderson Wrote:
> On the other hand, if Slim Devices comes up with a really nice GUI for
> the Squeezebox, I'm married to it for good.
That's the really key thing, SlimServer looks OK, but it is so
painfully slow to use and the web interface makes it really hard to
give good feedback to the user on what's going on. It's dependant on
whole screen refreshes just to update fields and knowing the status of
any operation is nigh on impossible. iTunes beats it fair and square
for me I'm afraid.

I am encouraged by the Java server project that someone has started -
on a PC with a modern VM it should run nearly as fast as native code
and look good too. If that comes to fruition soon, then I think we have
a fighting chance.

--
CardinalFang