CardinalFang Wrote:
> Because SlimServer is flawed as it stands in not being multi-threaded
> and being very, very slow at times. Java has some good features for
> supporting threads and runs very fast on modern VMs. The SlimServer
> library scan times alone are enough to make me switch to another
> product today.

Do you realise that 2 of the biggest things being developed for the
Slimserver 6.5 release are faster scanning and multithreading??

Personally, I don't care whether Slimserver uses Perl, Java or
something else. Its the end result I care about. Currently I agree that
scanning is very slow and sometimes causes audio dropouts, but I'm
confident that this will be fixed in the 6.5 release.

Chris

--
cbemoore