cliveb Wrote:
> The spinning CD in a normal CD player is no more a part of the timing
> chain than is the spinning hard disk in a Slimserver.

Well that's a pretty gross misunderstanding on my part then :-) I had
thought normal cd players were synchronous and dependent on the speed
of disc rotation, while reclocking DAC's and PC audio were
asynchronous. Sorry for the confusion.

Why is the technology, I wonder, so expensive or touted as unique in
the Benchmark and Lavry-  if being common to normal CD players? I'm
afraid the more I read about digital audio, the more confused I get.
Perhaps I should stop now.

--
Skunk