I'm currently in the UK having attended the CEDIA show with the guys at
Progressive and we've seen the NAIM system and several others.

One interesting thing that came to light with NaimNet is it's lack of
Internet Radio support. It may well be less relevant for their
customers or it may just be someting they will add later - but us Slim
folks it seemed a bit of glaring omission.

Obviously at such a show there's a lot of 'old school' custom install
systems at some amazing price points. I guess what I take away from it
is there will always be a demand at the high-end for systems that 'do
everything' regardless of cost. i think where it was interesting for us
was that we are really bringing some elements of these systems to an
audience that don't have that sort of money - and that potentially is a
much larger group of people. It was definitely a case of some of the
custom installers 'getting it' and some definitely not. A lot of people
talked about sticking SB's in rack with amps, etc and running cable out
to each room. We're happy for them to do that, but they couldn't seem
to get their heads around having the SB in the listening room rather
than the wiring closet.

Having said that, we did have some great conversations with high-end
audio manufacturers who 'get it' and understand that SB really
represents an opportunity rather than a threat to them. We're just
another source that ultimately is going to need amplification and
speakers . . . OK, we might enjoy trying to put the wind up the odd CDP
manufacturer, but it's surprising how many other guys actually said they
owned SB's . . . made me feel very warm and fuzzy inside . . . well that
and a decent cup of tea;-)

--
Jez

Jez Hildred