London Lad Wrote:

> Also no true audiophile would ever consider having 802.11 radio
> transmitters anywhere near his stereo setup! At least with the
> transporter you can turn it off. The displays need to go as well BTW.

LOL - at least in my neighborhood, I don't have much of a choice.
Scanning for wireless access points from my PC finds no less than seven
(!) 802.11 access points within range, including my own. But with my
Meridian setup, signals stay in the digital domain until they get
inside the speakers, which at least minimizes any effect RF pickup
might have.

While we're on the subject of sound and physics, I'm always surprised
at how few audiophiles pay much attention to room acoustics, even
though room acoustics introduce frequency and phase anomolies which
would automatically disqualify any electronics or speakers from
consideration. I've treated my room heavily, to great effect, and am
going to redo it again shortly based on designs from Rives Audio
(www.rivesaudio.com). For less money than some folks spend on cables,
the results truly are dramatic, measurably and audibly.

--
MahlerFreak