Phil Leigh Wrote:
> Well, according to my TACT measurements, there is no rolloff of HF with
> the SB (2 or 3).
> I think what you're hearing is correct - the SB has a smoother top end
> than many digital sources/CDP's.
> YMMV.
Thanks Phil, switching to the Glass toslink instead of the coax, I got
better results (initially, I could not tell much difference - listening
at a lower volume during night time). I am now very close to the sound
of my transport. I think stock the coax output has higher jitter than
the toslink. Maybe changing to a linear power supply might have
benefits even on the toslink. Whether coax or toslink, it seems to me
that the SB has more detail than the bits out of a CD player/transport.
Supposedly the SB3 has a jitter of 50ps which is very good (if I
remember the MF A3.2 CD player has similar specs).

--
SoftwireEngineer