mauidan Wrote:
> From the thread- SB1 digital out compared to SB2 and SB3
>
> “I just purchased a brand new SB3, and a colleague subjected the
> digital outputs to a quick jitter measurement using Audio Precision
> equipment. Results:
> SB3 digital coax out jitter: ~99ps, SB3 digital optical out jitter:
> ~892ps”
hmm..I feel my Sound Professionals Glass Toslink is better than my Zu
Ash (tested earlier on my Philips 963SA). Even JA of Stereophile used a
toslink ( a $400 Audioquest optilink 5) and found that the sound is very
close or could not tell the difference between the SB and a Ayre
player.
Dont know how the measurements were made. It must they used a probe or
interconnecting digital cable/toslink, that influenced the jitter
badly.

--
SoftwireEngineer