Pat Farrell;131162 Wrote:
> This is way off topic, but which ones? And how vintage?
> Most of the classic Neumann's like the U87 or M50 fall off pretty
> seriously. Now my  KM184's go up high, but they aren't vintage.

You got me [:-)], they were KM83i, so I probably should have said "old"
rather than "vintage" ...

But the point I was trying to make was that until 44.1/16 audio
engineers in general (see below) pushed and pushed for wider and wider
bandwiths ...

[I say "in general" to head off flames over some clasic counter
examples, e.g. early Naim amps were designed to be band limited, etc.]

--
reeve_mike